Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week 1

I chose to take this course because it sounded extremely interesting. It seems as though we all know people who are addicted to something, whether it be a serious addiction to drugs or alcohol, or a less serious addiction to coffee (like myself). The fact that addiction is so common in everyday life, yet I know virtually nothing about it ultimately spurred my enrollment in this course. I hope this course will not only educate me about addiction, but also help me to better understand those who struggle with addiction.

Therefore, I hope to learn many things from this course. Mainly, I would like to learn why addiction happens and why some people are more susceptible to addiction than others. In addition, I would also like to learn effective treatments for addiction, and how well they work. It will be interesting to observe what we learn in correlation with my small, everyday addictions such as coffee and chapstick.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes...coffee/caffeine is a very common addiction! Sounds like you have a lot of curiosity about addictions and enthusiastic about learning more - thank you for signing up for this course!

    ReplyDelete